Sunday, March 7, 2010

Healing

We started counseling recently. OK, more like a month ago. But it's tough. But important. We all need it to heal and move past our past. Because it's been tough. My boys especially need it. They're bigger, older, and know what's going on. They understood the situation. Which honestly, made me a little sad. No, it made me really sad.

But the place where we're going, it's a good place. We go to a family session. Then the 3 of us have individual sessions. They also watch my kiddos for me when I'm in my session. Which is very generous. I'm lucky that it's a locally run office. So we're on a moving pay scale. Which means that instead of paying $80 for an hour, I pay $10. A lot more affordable.

It's nice to know that there are people out there that still care about human beings. And they really care about kids. My kids, they get to go for nothing. It means a lot. Because I really want them to heal. I want my kids to grow up feeling safe, loved, and able to thrive. This is a good thing for us. :)

No comments: