Thursday, June 17, 2010

Peaceful



Do you ever feel like you need a peaceful moment to breathe? I do. The last few years, the last few months in particular, have been crazy. And I've been on edge. Just trying to hold on. Protecting my kiddos and trying to survive. But it's been a long time since I've just stopped to smell the roses.

About 20 minutes ago, I got my kiddos comfy. My boys are showing my oldest daughter how to color. And they're all watching Sesame Street. My little girl was ready for her mid-morning feeding. And the laundry is doing it's thing in the washing machine.

So I snuggled up with my little peanut on the sofa and she started to eat. I just sat there watching my kiddos love each other. And be relaxed and feel safe for the first time in forever! Honestly, it filled my heart with so much joy! My kids are my entire world. I hope they really know that. I would do anything for them.

It's the little things in life that I now enjoy. But most of all, I enjoy feeling safe in my own home. I love seeing my kiddos happy and healthy. Nothing has brought me so much peace as to see them play together. To give each other a kiss when the other has helped them. I know we're going to make it. :)

No comments: